Revival of this blog!

May 16, 2018



   WOW. It has been over two months since I last posted anything here. I promise I haven't forgotten about it. A lot of things have happened in the recent months; March and April have been extremely eventful, both good and bad.


  One of the best things that happened: I got a new job. And I tell you, it was really something unexpected. So here I was, about to resign from my previous job, and then an opportunity comes along. And thank goodness it did, because those days were a turning point for me and my family. 

   I'm working as an Events Officer for one of the foreign chambers in the country and three months into my new job, I'd say it has already been quite an experience and I am really enjoying it. We have a lot of big events coming up, and I know that's going to be a lot of pressure and sleepless nights for me, but based on my experience, witnessing the fruit of your hard work through a successful event is one of the best feelings ever. I guess if I were to go forth with my career, I'd either choose a path that leads to research because I love writing, or events because I apparently love organizing. 

   On the downside, the whole month of April has been the most challenging moment in my life financially. I had to struggle for weeks in making sure my mom and I had food to eat on our table. I'd crawl past every pay day paying off debt and budgeting for our grocery and medicines at the same time. It was the first time I had to do this all on my own because my parents were really going through serious problems during this time, and honestly, I have no idea how I managed to get past all that.

   So fast forward to two months later, here I am, finally doing a very random update on my boring life. Oh, I've also traveled already - we visited my boyfriend's family in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. :) Dumaguete is a quaint little town but with beautiful beaches and the warmest people. I've some photos below! I've uploaded some on my photography portfolio as well. :)


   Also, while we're on the topic of photography - I've also decided to get into selling art prints and postcard-type photographs. I've gotten into watercolor painting and it's really been fun for me. I'm going to be updating Decoratink soon; my marketing has been really terrible, because again, I've been through a rough past weeks, so I really hope I can get something from this!

   And one last thing - I haven't posted anything about Avengers: Infinity War yet. ;) Anyone who knows me even on the surface level knows that I should have had a review on the latest MCU installment by now (I mean, I've seen it 3 times! yikes). So yes, watch out for that; once I find time this week, I'll definitely put up a post for that :D Also, I've been really hooked on Brooklyn Nine-Nine but I'll get to that soon too!

That's all for now, I'll leave some other stuff for another post! Cheers!

♥, Murgaloo

You Might Also Like

0 comments