Satisfying Your Cheese Cravings at Melt Grilled Cheesery

March 04, 2018


   It's been a while since I wrote about my food trips so here we goes a quick review about Melt Grilled Cheesery. It was my first time here and it was actually pretty timely because I've been craving for something close to comfort food due to stress the entire week, and yep, my cravings were definitely satisfied! 


   So I had a quick catch-up lunch with some of my high school friends and one of them recommended we eat at Melt Grilled Cheesery at Uptown Bonifacio Mall in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. (Side note: they also have a branch in Alabang, so head's up South people!) 

   Anyway, whenever I'm about to try the restaurant for the first time, I always look up the menu on Zomato. This is mainly because I want to know the cuisine they serve and of course for practical reasons, the price haha. Melt Grilled Cheesery was average for me, and seemed affordable so we gave it a go. If you're in a group of three-four people, P1,500 will be more than enough to split the bill without it being too painful in the pocket.

   First we ordered "Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries!" for our appetizer. What a creative way to name fries topped with mozzarella, cheddar, bacon bits, truffles and sour cream. Okay I have to admit the truffle was a dead giveaway for me because I absolutely love anything with truffle in it. LOL so much emphasis but you get the point. I really love truffle plus I love potato, so tada!



   We ordered The Classic Melt which is their signature grilled cheese sandwich filled with oozing mozzarella and cheddar cheese served with a side of crispy sweet potato (kamote) chips. It. Was. Soooooo. Good. I'm also a sucker for cheese, so there's that too. Honestly speaking, I wasn't brave enough to try the two dips on the side, although I'm highly positive that the other one was honey. I guess I was too focused on the sandwich itself, yikes.



   Then since we were three, we ordered two kinds of pasta to share: the Ratatouille and Truffle Carbonara (guess who picked the carbonara LOL). Both were so good and surprisingly good choices because it balanced each other's flavors! The Ratatouille was tomato pesto-based (which worked well perfectly oh my gosh) so it was salty while the Truffle Carbonara was creamy hence there was balance in the flavor. Perfect amount too, since we shared both orders.



   I forgot to add that the ambiance is also so welcoming. The servers were very hospitable as well. We frequently had to ask for ice and cold water though, but they gave it promptly nevertheless. They were also friendly when we asked for our photo to be taken (trust me, some servers in other restaurants aren't)!

   Anyways, it's not a super popular destination yet probably because they only have two branches for now. So I'd highly recommend to give Melt Grilled Cheesery a visit while it's not yet crowded and overrated! 

   You can visit them at 3F Uptown Place Mall, 36th Street cor. 9th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig or alternatively at Molito Commercial Complex, Alabang, Muntinlupa City.

Happy eating!

♥, Murgaloo

You Might Also Like

0 comments