Happy 23!

September 15, 2017


   I haven't posted here in a while since it's been quite boring. But hey, here's a short personal post about my 23rd birthday! I know, I know. Time to upadte my About Me section, etc. But honestly I don't even feel that I became older...



   Every year on my birthday, I always celebrate it by having dinner out with my family. This year, I wanted to do something different. I felt like I've gotten tired of eating out in fancy restaurants every year. So I told my parents that I'd like to have a simple dinner at home with them and my boyfriend. And honestly, I was really happy. It was such a simple celebration - we had spaghetti, chicken wings and my favorite mocha flavored birthday cake.

   Even with my gifts, things were simple. I didn't ask for anything this year. I usually know what I want for my birthday but this year I really didn't know. I guess it's because I was already contented with everything I have. I guess I learned that the hard way. Sometimes we really cannot get everything we want in life, and that's fine. It took me 23 years to realize that haha.

   I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe 23 is the age I fully accept my adulthood. True, people still mistake me for being a teenager but whatever. It's not about how you look. Today I realized that it's what you learn along the way that makes you older hence wiser (not every old person is wise lol). I also learned to appreciate what I have - and that's my family. True, they're not perfect, but that's what makes them... them. Like I said, I learned this the hard way.

   It's a great feeling to realize these things at a certain point. My birthday passed as if it never came at all - no grand celebrations or expensive gifts, just the lessons you learned along the way. :)

♥, Murgaloo

You Might Also Like

0 comments