Color-filled Lunch at Cafe Voila

July 20, 2017


   Today my parents and I decided to have lunch somewhere different. A couple of years back, my aunts and I went to this place in Tagaytay called Crosswinds. It's both a residential and resort sort of village, meaning you can own a house there or they also have small hotels to cater to the public, all located in one place. At that time, we had a look around the area and inquired hotel rates. Afterwards, we ate at the only restaurant (aside from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf) located at the very entrance. Back then I didn't really bother with the name of the restaurant or whatsoever, plus I wasn't serious about blogging (or maybe I was but as usual I didn't continue it lol) so we simply ate and enjoyed the food.


   This time was different. So I told my dad about the place and how he'd like the food because they specialized in Filipino and Spanish cuisine, meaning they had my dad's favorite - Spanish tapas. Anyway, it was quite a drive from our place (about 10-15 minutes from the main Tagaytay rotonda) but it's really worth it. From Sta. Rosa exit, instead of turning right (which people usually do because they're headed to the main rotonda), turn left to head on to Crosswinds. Just keep driving for about 15 minutes and you should see a big windmill (yes, a windmill) to your left. 


  It doesn't make me feel like I'm in the Philippines hahaha. So yeah, this is the entrance of Crosswinds. And when you go a little down (to the left in the photo), you'll find Cafe Voila. The set-up of the restaurant is very Turkish/Moroccan/Thai/Indian feel. I can't decide on which one it is, because it gives me all the feels of those different cultures, but mixed together into one. The place is so colorful and lively (which explains all the vibrant photos) that it will really make you want to eat your heart out.







   Their menu is a mix of different Asian flavors and a touch of Western favorites as well. There's plenty of choices for every craving. Today I ordered a Premium U.S. Beef Tenderloin Steak with Penne Carbonara. I always like my steak medium-well - you know it's really cooked (I have a sensitive stomach you rare and medium rare will land me in the hospital) yet it's still juicier than if it was totally well done. Then I ordered a side order of mashed potato, my ultimate favorite kind of potato lol. The steak was so good. (Especially because it had mustard!) It wasn't *that* tender, but taste-wise, it was excellent.



   My mom ordered the Grilled Norwegian Salmon with mashed potato. She loved it, and I tried it myself. The salmon wasn't dry, although in my opinion it needed a little more creamy kind of sauce. Still good though!



   Meanwhile, my dad ordered his tapas. At first the waitress told us that the tapas were no longer available, but I don't know how my dad was able to insist because he got the orders. They were able to serve us Shrimp Gambas and Beef Salpicao. I told the waitress to tell their management to return the tapas to the menu hahaha. The Gambas was good but the Salpicao blew me out of my seat. The best I ever tasted! My mom said it was a little too salty but I disagreed. It was just right! And the beef wasn't the traditional Salpicao cubes - these were thinly sliced beef strips, which made the flavor more distinct. Really, really good. I really hope they return it to the menu, pleaaaseee.


   Lastly for dessert, I ordered a Cafe Mocha and a slice of Apple Crumble Cheesecake. Now let me tell you, I'm not exactly allowed to eat too much sweets because my doctor forbade me to. I can only eat them every once in a while now. :( But I really had to try their Apple Crumble Cheesecake because I love apple pies. They also have a lot of other cakes, but for some reason they're mostly cheesecakes with a twist. I'd love to try them next time. Oh, and for our drinks we ordered a pitcher of their house iced tea, which was naturally brewed, so it's really refreshing.





   In summary, I really loved the place and I appreciated it more during this second time. The food was delicious, the service is fast and really commendable, and the ambiance is just so warm despite the really cold and foggy weather. The area is surrounded by pine trees but the restaurant is a terrace-type of structure, with all the warm colors and patterns. It's a really really good experience, and worth the trip. You should really ought to try it the next time you drop by Tagaytay!

♥, Murgaloo

You Might Also Like

0 comments